BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nozh
Calcite | Level 5

I have couple questions:

Does SAS/ACCESS (94M2) supporting SSL to Hive ?

After Hadoop enabled SSL, SAS Hive connections are failure with following error:

ERROR: java.sql.SQLException: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri:
       jdbc:hive2://xxxyyy:10000/user_db;principal=hive/_HOST@SSSSS.ORG: Invalid status 21
ERROR: Unable to connect to the Hive server.
ERROR: Error trying to establish connection.

Where i supposed to add ssl=True and sslTrustStore from SAS/Access?

Thanks,

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @nozh,

SAS 9.4M2 does support using SSL and Hive.

Which Hadoop distribution (include version number) are you trying to connect to? Can you include the code for your LIBNAME statement? The URI= option is required, I think, for the connection. Here is an example:

libname hdplib hadoop uri="jdbc:hive2://some.cool.name:10000/;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=/sas/as/hadoop/truststore.jks;sslTrustStorePassword=passw0rd" server="some.cool.name" port=10000 subprotocol=hive2;

As a general rule, SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop does not provide a great deal of detail when it encounters connection issues. It may help to try PROC HADOOP. It usually provides more detailed evidence as to the cause of issues.  

Best wishes,

Jeff

Lenvdb
Quartz | Level 8

We are now encrypting our SAS/CONNECT to HADOOP connections. I just tried this as well, but found an interesting response in the log:

NOTE: The value specified by the HIVE_KERBEROS_PRINCIPLE option was not used. Instead the value found in the hive-site.xml located in the SAS-HADOOP_CONFIG_PATH directory was used

How do I include this option successfully in the Libname statement? 

JBailey
Barite | Level 11
Hi @Lenvdb, I no longer work at SAS. You may want to contact SAS Tech Support.
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
@JBaily
Once Product Manager, Always Product Manager 😉
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Too funny! And just a little true.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation