SAS 9.4 Release Date

Super Contributor

SAS 9.4 Release Date

I know that Global Forum had mentioned a June release for 9.4, but I havent seen an announcement yet. Did I miss it? If not has a date been released?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

We we also interested in the browser version of the program editor that was displayed at the Global forum. Has anyone heard anymore details about that?

Thanks

EJ

SAS Employee

Re: SAS 9.4 Release Date

EJ,

Thanks for the question. SAS 9.4 is slated for release this summer, but the exact shop date is dependent on a number of factors. Don't worry, you haven't missed it! You should check the home page of both sas.com and support site for the announcement. I would say it is expected within weeks.

I am not sure how to answer your question on the browser version of the program editor. Do you remember where you saw it displayed at Global Forum? Was it in the demo hall or maybe main stage? Just trying to get more details so we can connect you to the right person to answer your question.

Thanks,

KJ

Super User

SAS Web Editor?

SAS Web Editor

Super Contributor

From the demo it looked a little like using (if you ever have used it) Outlook's web interface for exchange (OWA). You could pull open code and edit it with full syntax coloring and run the code from the browser ... even mobile browser like iPADs and such.

EJ

Super Contributor

Kathy thanks for the response.

The web editor was demoed during the opening keynote I believe. I wasnt at the conference but watched the Opening and technology streams remotely.

If I get a chance I will find the link to the stream where it was mentioned. I think it currently is a part of the SAS on demand product line but I got the impression from the demo that it would be part of 9.4, but they didnt mention what products was necessary.

EJ

Super Contributor

I finally got around to looking up the link to the web editor demo at Global Forum ... it was the opening session:

Opening Sessionon SAS Global Forum - live streaming video powered by Livestream

The demo is right around the 1:00:47 mark of the stream.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Super Contributor

By the way the June release date was mentioned by Jim Goodnight in the same opening session around the 10 minute mark.

EJ

SAS Employee

EJ-

Thanks for sharing timestamp. I had found session videos and was watching this morning, but had not gotten as far as an hour in. I will go watch it now and get back to you. Thanks again for sharing the link!

KJ

SAS Employee

EJ - little birdie just sharing 9.4 is generally available today!  Check it out. http://support.sas.com/software/94/

Super Contributor

Thanks Kathy .... that may be an internal link because its not working on my end. Sounds like we are close!

EJ

SAS Employee

Apologies. I did originally post the test url. I updated the url in the prior post.

Super Contributor

No problem Kathy ... Thanks for the information!!

EJ

SAS Employee

EJ,

I have some info on the SAS Web Editor for you. Could you contact me at Kathy.Joyner@sas.com?

Thanks,

KJ

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation