BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have created a multiple logistic regression model and am trying to look at the residuals. The only process I have found (iplots) prints residuals for about 100 participants at a time, which is not ideal since I have over 5000 study subjects. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

proc logistic data=mydata;

class var1(reference=1) var2(reference=1) var3(reference=1);

model case(event='1')=var1 var2 var3/rsq ctable pprob=(0 to 1 by .1) lackfit risklimits iplots;

run;

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User

Show your work/code please. 

AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

How about

ODS GRAPHICS ON;

proc logistic data = your_data plots = (all);

model y = x;

run;

In my case, the plots are saved on the C:\Documents and Settings\User

Good luck,

Anca.

Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

proc logistic data=mydata;

class var1(reference=1) var2(reference=1) var3(reference=1);

model case(event='1')=var1 var2 var3/rsq ctable pprob=(0 to 1 by .1) lackfit risklimits iplots;

run;

Reeza
Super User

I think Anca solution is what you're looking for. In addition, I think you need to add the /param=ref option to your class statement.

Take a look at your output, specifically the Class level information and see if its what you want (basically your design matrix) or if you want the option I suggested.

Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

Could you please explain what the /param=ref option is for?

Thanks!

AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

In your class statement you use 'reference = 1', which tells SAS that for the variable var1 the reference category is '1'.

You need the param = ref to tell SAS to use that reference coding in parameter estimates.

Smiley Happy

----

Reeza
Super User

Not quite, it can still use that as the reference for Effect coding, but it won't be what you want necessarily.

AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you.

Reeza
Super User

It specifies how SAS creates the design matrix for class variables, the default is 'EFFECT CODING' when most people want 'REFERENCE CODING' instead.

SAS FAQ: In PROC LOGISTIC why aren't the coefficients consistent with the odds ratios?

AncaTilea
Pyrite | Level 9

When I tried to run plots with Logistic with a data set that has more than 5000 observations I get this warning:

-------------

WARNING: Some plots have more than 5000 observations and are suppressed.  Specify the

PLOTS(MAXPOINTS=NONE) option in the PROC LOGISTIC statement to display the plots.

Did you try this?

proc logistic data = my_data plots(maxpoints = none);

model...;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation