Renew 9.4 license problems: different osname

N/A

Renew 9.4 license problems: different osname

Hello, I've searched around on Google and on these forums and can't find any preexisting threads with this problem.

I've tried to renew my company's SAS program via the renew SAS Software tool. When I select 'Renew' after choosing the install directory and config file directory (I just go with the default "Same as above" option), the renewal fails and I get a window saying there was an error when the license information was applied from the SAS installation data file. I think this is the problem in particular that the error log details:

"NOTE: The OSNAME= option specifies 'WX64_WKS' but the current operating system name is

'W32_7PRO'.

ERROR: This non-match is not allowed and the setinit stream will not be applied.

ERROR: Cannot change the site validation data."

Is the renewal failing because the OSNAME in the setinit.sss file is incorrect? If so, how do I edit it to point to the right one? I've tried opening the setinit file in SAS itself but when I replace 'WX64_WKS' with 'W32_7PRO' as it says, a ton of errors come up and nothing happens.

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Super User

Re: Renew 9.4 license problems: different osname

Setinit files are for specific versions/OS. Contact your SAS Rep to get the appropriate version.

Super User

Re: Renew 9.4 license problems: different osname

It appears you have a 64-bit Windows workstation SAS licence but you are trying to apply it to a 32-bit Windows computer. As Reeza says, you need to contact your SAS Rep to get the correct licence.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation