BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bhoopesh
Calcite | Level 5

How to increase the SPDS performance......

By Macro variables....

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Did you search the SAS website?  Here is a page with a number of articles:  http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/tnote/tnote_spds.html

Bhoopesh
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Tom..Yes will have a look at it...

Do you know how to access two clusters from a cluster table at a time in SPDS using MEMNUM option..

Like for e.g out of 8 clusters..i need to access 4th and 5th cluster..How to do that..

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I don't have SPDS att my fingertips right now, but my interpretation of the documentation is that the MEMNUM option only lets you specify one memnum at a time.

Can you specify what you mean by "access"? If you mean querying, you need to query the cluster twice:

data want;

set spdslib.mycluster(memnum=3)

spdslib.mycluster(memnum=5);

run;

But why do you need to access it by memnum? Depending on maintenance of the cluster, members can change memnum over time. I think it's more flexible to query based on minmaxvarlist, so yo don't have to be dependant on the internal structure of the cluster.

Data never sleeps
Bhoopesh
Calcite | Level 5

Above code is not working...It gives as

ERROR: Invalid MEMNUM value specified for cluster member open.

How to use MINMAXVARLIST on a particular column from a table..Can you send me some pseudo code for it...

Thanks in advance.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

The usage guide have plenty of examples how to create clusters with minmaxvarlist.

In the query, you need no special syntax, just an ordinary where-clause.

The benefit of clusters comes if you are able to split data on one or more classification columns in your data. A typical column cold be a date or other time period value.

The cluster evaluates the where-clause and are then "automatically" reading data from the only necessary member tables.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation