Refreshing a machine data source without losing scripts saved to table (again)

Occasional Contributor

Refreshing a machine data source without losing scripts saved to table (again)

This is a repeat of another discussion by CoryC (#171874) that was never answered.

I have a JMP (v10.0.2) project that sources a table via ODBC (to SQL Server database).  I have built numerous scripts (plots and charts) in my project.

Ideally, I'd like to just click "refresh" (e.g. right-click above the "Source" script) and have the data refresh.  It would be super-sweet to have the Scripts also refresh (or a quick option to do so upon data refresh).

However, the only way I know how to "refresh" the data is to edit/run the "Source" script which pulls the data.  Unfortunately, rather than refresh the data "in place", JMP creates a brand new JMP project with the refresh data (and none of the other chart/plot scripts are there).  So, I end up creating those scripts from scratch on the new JMP project.

There's got to be a better way to do this!  There may be a better workaround than what I'm doing.  Thanks for any sugg, estions.

Super User

Re: Refreshing a machine data source without losing scripts saved to table (again)

The JMP forum has moved to a JMP specific board, unless they've changed it again...Smiley Happy

https://community.jmp.com/community/discussions

Occasional Contributor

Re: Refreshing a machine data source without losing scripts saved to table (again)

Thanks Reeza....I have reposted to

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation