BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dkanand86
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have developed a booking propensity model on my active customer base.

I observe a break in Rank Ordering on Out of Time data in 5/6 decile.

Please, can you help me understand what could be the potential reasons for this break?

Please advise,

Thanks!!

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Please provide:

Example Data in the form of a data step so can test the code. The example data should demonstrate the issue involved.

Code used on the data

Actual results

Description of why you think the actual results have a "break".

This type of question is both data and code options chosen dependent and possibly even format dependent depending on how you are deciding there is a break if you are looking at numbers and not showing enough digits/decimals.

Or possible even understanding what a decile is.

If I have 10 values and they are 1 2 3 4 5 60 61 62 63 64 then there is a "break" between the 5th and 6th decile because the values have a large difference. Or if the data is 1 1 1 1 1 4 5  6 7 9, the first through 5th deciles are all 1. So multiple repeated values may be impacting your consideration.

Deciles are order statistics and you are dividing the provided data into 10 groups based on the sort order of the values.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation