BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

Jaap, we do not have a dedicated platform administrator for SAS server. Well, I have administrative privileges on server and I am very much a beginner in terms of SAS administration. Not sure, what details you are looking for to understand the environment and issue.

Saravanan
Fluorite | Level 6

Jaap and Kurt, Thank you so much for all the inputs. I have not tried these suggestions yet. will try it and get back with my findings. This is both interesting and challenging. Keeping my fingers crossed.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As you do not have that guy and it is you as a selfy, well .  Let us ask:
- as there are no additional controls in place you data is not very sensitive... correct?

- You are the person for the server-side (W-8), the desktop installation and the processing uasag... correct?

- You have access to the server side installationm but someone else has run the sas-setup program... correct.?  

There should be some guidelines how to work woht SAS procesess on the server.

- With Eguide are you using agroup account or personal AD domainaccounts

- the location of the SAS-work and the SAS-user datasets

- the way the used AD domain are used in getting access data within the Windows-domain.

Is Windows remote desktop to the server by all your users allowed.

Is the common windows user-profile available on the server or is that  machine completely isolated

- I assume the ACE interface and the access to pc-files are available on the W8 server. correct?.

With that all you can make the decisions

- Where your users have to place their data (guidelines)

- Do you allow x-cmd or not.  When the OS-security is sufficient and all all running by personal keys there should be no reason to let it have blocked. The changen can be found wihtin the launch-properties of the workspaceserver definitions. Do a restart of the objectspawner afterwards.

Pffff.. (just preparations)..

Get back to Kurts code.

The C:/temp is a fake name, you are required to change that to an acceptable one for your environment.  

His approach wiht ftp commands and using X will have better options to run.

However, I would prefer the SAS (s)FTP acces method with filenames

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation