BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
aydot24
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone, I'm new to SAS. I'm just wondering if anyone could share his/her templated codes please. I noticed that there are lot of these codes to remember. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

It's nice you provided the links to this aydot24. There is good information there that a lot of people (including me) can use.

However, I would say your response seemed a bit rude and intolerant and that's too bad. Did you miss the part about "I'm new to SAS"? What is more helpful is to welcome new users with helpful courteous guidance.

Jeff

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Really, we are going to hand over proprietary scripting which we get paid to write?  Perhaps you want: SAS Tutorials | SAS Training

I believe PHUSE has some template code that you could look at: http://www.phuse.eu/download.aspx?type=cms&docID=3975

As for this board, it is a Q/A board.  If you have an specific issue, problem then post it in the relevant section to get an answer.  Other than that check out some blogs that people kindly provide, this one is for graphs: Graphically Speaking - Data Visualization with a focus on SAS ODS Graphics

Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

It's nice you provided the links to this aydot24. There is good information there that a lot of people (including me) can use.

However, I would say your response seemed a bit rude and intolerant and that's too bad. Did you miss the part about "I'm new to SAS"? What is more helpful is to welcome new users with helpful courteous guidance.

Jeff

morgalr
Obsidian | Level 7

Jeff,

I understand your view, but also RW9 is correct: the request was for an unprecedented mooch of everything--that in and of itself, was extremely rude and shows a great deal of insensitivity and laziness on the behalf of the requester--New or otherwise.

Les

BTW: aydot24 welcome to the SAS world.

Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

And I would certainly agree with both you and RW9. It's not the content of the reply that I took issue with, it was the delivery. RW9's links are very informative and I look forward to reading them. However, would a simple "No, and this is why." have sufficed? It's not a huge issue. I just prefer to see civility on message boards especially toward those who may simply require additional "education" in certain areas. If the person becomes a repeat "offender" then perhaps such a response might be warranted.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Well, it is really matter of different opinion. I have passed OP's question with Zero comments while offered valuable information, but now you have issues regarding the way he delivered that information. So let me ask you, are you prefer a teacher who is harsh but nonetheless teaches, such as , or someone like me who totally ignores you? Smiley Wink

I know what you prefer, but this ain't perfect world.

my2cents,

Haikuo

Jeff_DOC
Pyrite | Level 9

I would like to think it does not have to be one or the other. I would think between them lies much open territory. Smiley Happy

aydot24
Calcite | Level 5

Many thanks JEFF-DOC

Reeza
Super User

@aydot24 Lexjansen.com is a search tool that provides use to many SAS papers/code/techniques/tips/tricks.

What do you mean by 'template code' for starters? That isn't a term that I'm familiar with in terms of programming.

aydot24
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. It's exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 6 in conversation