BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MisoLee
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I have a survey sample with complex sampling design. So suppose I have to use commands like "proc surveyfreq" to get estimates. However, the dependent variable of interest is a dichotomous indicator reflecting rare events (e.g. smoking). For example, only 20 of 20000 students are smokers. I want to see how other factors (e.g. gender) influence the likelihood of being a smoker. Is there any method to deal with this kind of data? If yes, any special issue I should pay attention to? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Surveylogistic or Surveyreg are probably good starting points. Assuming predominately class type data for most of the independent variables, gender, ethnicity, race then mostly Surveylogistic.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation