BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

I am looking for alternative approach or work around when a single sign on with integrated windows authentication is enabled for IDP. SAS support says that its not possible to use public(reports open for one group only) portal with single sign on. we are on 9.4 M1, with 4.4 portal version. I wonder if any one had similar issue and if there is a work around for this. Issue is other technologies are offering some kind of alternative. I wonder if I can use OLAP cubes with row level permissions, then use the report as public or control who can see my reports and who cant.

Thanks in advance,

Jit.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I haven't tried it yet with Unchallenged Portal Access in the SAS Information Delivery Portal, but I did do something similar with SAS VA and described it in a blog post SAS Visual Analytics Guest Access with IWA Fallback (that post has links to other related posts, papers and docs too). I don't know if it will work with IDP, but this is the approach I would follow if I wanted to test it out. I had read in the SAS docs that web authentication was not compatible with anonymous access, but fallback authentication (as described in a very useful paper by Zhiyong Li and Mike Roda from SAS) seems to offer up additional possibilities.

jeeth79usa
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your input Paul. I will surely go over the papers and other information you provided. I really appreciate it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation