BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SVoldrich
Obsidian | Level 7

I have been using SAS base 9.2 for about a year and a half. My company is now moving to SAS EG 6.1, so it's taking some getting used to the different format.

I am very used to seeng my log as the program is running to see what errors come up.

In base, when the log is filled, i would just clear the log and it would clear it and start filling it up again as the program continued.

I have not found that to be the case with EG. I cleared the log and now it's not showing anything. just a blank screen for the log. I have it turned on - but it's like you only get one shot and when it's filled, you're done. that doesn't sound right, there has to be a switch somewhere....

what am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Tools -> Options ,

Capture.PNG

SVoldrich
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks - i'm assuming this will make the log come up each time without having to go in and turn it on... which that was another question, so thank you!

but I'd still like to know when the log is filled - will it keep coming up as each step is completed? i feel like i'm blind right now not being able to see the log.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Trust me, all you need to do is to try it and you will have all of your questions answered.

SVoldrich
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks!

I did it... but my program is currently running, guess i'll have to wait until i run a new one to tell the difference.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation