BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jason_Haught
Calcite | Level 5
Good morning, I am fairly new to SAS, I have worked with SAS installers to install two SAS applications in our Windows environment for my company. We currently have SAS Data Management Advanced and also SAS Risk Model Workbench installed on a PROD and DEV environment. My question is what applications will need to be installed on client machines for the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course? My current machine has: Data Integration Studio Enterprise Guide Data Management Studio Workflow Studio Will the users taking this course need other applications to take this course? Thank you in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Go to the Programming 1 course page - the course is free -  and find the set up instructions. They have instructions for different environments. If your environment is one listed, and I think EG is, you're good to go. If they're on the server though, an admin may need to set up the libraries for the users instead of getting each user to do so. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You're likely going to need SAS Base or Foundation (same thing, different names) or SAS Enterprise Guide.

Your words sort of ran together there at the end, so I'm not exactly sure what you have installed.

Jason_Haught
Calcite | Level 5
We have SAS Base installed on our servers, but not all of the users have access to those servers just yet.

My current machine has:

Data Integration Studio

Enterprise Guide

Data Management Studio

Workflow Studio

Reeza
Super User

Go to the Programming 1 course page - the course is free -  and find the set up instructions. They have instructions for different environments. If your environment is one listed, and I think EG is, you're good to go. If they're on the server though, an admin may need to set up the libraries for the users instead of getting each user to do so. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation