BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
drosh
Calcite | Level 5

Proc univariate will not stop running. It may have something to do with the changes I made in options. However, not sure what those changes were. Can someone help me reset SAS to its original settings? I'm using version 9.3

The error I get is: PROC UNIVARIATE is currently executing. All subsequently submitted statements will not begin executing until its completion. 

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Not the friendliest approach but terminate the SAS session if it is taking too long. Settings are unlikely to be involved unless you are accessing output to a network location with slow response.

Before re-running your proc univariate take a look at the dataset with either proc contents or the explorer.

If there are many records and many variables the time is often actually associated with building the results tabless and requested graphs.

Consider if you need all of the variables.

It often helps to post the code of anything submitted causing performance issues as suggestions without details often lead to lots of responses of "I am not using that option". With the submitted code then fewer guesses are involved.

drosh
Calcite | Level 5
Here is the code I was running. There is nothing fancy in it.

proc univariate data = sasuser.salary;
run;

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
ballardw
Super User

How many records are in the dataset? How many numeric variables?

drosh
Calcite | Level 5
I have corrected the issue, it was due to the scroll lines in output not
being set to zero.

Thanks for your help!

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation