BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Melvin_Sas
Fluorite | Level 6

I am using the below code to import a CSV file into SAS data set from a Website.  The value for a character variable contains Comma,Single Quotes and Double Quotes in it. 

Eaxample  :  Luwin said, “Bran, the children's of the forest have been gone for thousands of years.”

When I Imported this into SaS , instead  of  assigning the value to one variable it creates mlutiple..

filename dat_input url 'https://XXXXXXXX.csv';
proc import datafile=dat_input
out=Check_XX dbms=CSV replace;
getnames=yes;
GUESSINGROWS=10000;
run;

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

That indicates that you do not have a well formed CSV file. 

You first need to figure out how many issues and what type of clean up you need to do. 

I would also try setting GUESSINGROWS=MAX and see if you get a slightly better results. 

If the variable happens to be at the end there are some workarounds you can try, but if it's in the middle its much harder. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation