Proc de Jour Guidelines

Contributor

Proc de Jour Guidelines

At our spring meeting we asked for volunteers to give a presentation on their favourite proc. We received 7 volunteers (enough for 3 years of meetings!). I believe that this idea originated at OASUS. Does anyone have a set of guidelines for the presenters?
N/A

Re: Proc de Jour Guidelines

The guidelines for “PROC du Jour” are to delve deeper into common PROCs than most people go. For example PROC FREQ most people only use it do univarate counts and percentages. You can do 40 or more different statistics, output the results to a dataset for more analysis or graphing. You control the output style. Every PROC has a hidden side just waiting for a user group presentation.
Contributor

Thanks John:
That will help me create guidelines for out first time presenters. I will post my guidelines when complete.

I presented Proc GKPI at TASS in September. For some of the simpler procs it is possible to discuss most of the options.

Barry
Contributor

I finally sat down to compile a list of guidelines for those wanting to present.

Introduction: What caused you to use this PROC? What do you like about it?
What does it do?
What are the core/key options? Are there concepts surrounding the options?
What options do you find the most useful?
Provide examples with the most useful or favourite options. Include code and/or EG screens and output. Interpret the output.
Are there implementation/usage issues?
Maximum 25 minutes presentation time leaving 5 minutes for questions.

I'm sure that some PROCs could take hours to cover all the options. The shorter presentation is meant to get first timers involved.

Barry
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation