BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mcollins1264
Calcite | Level 5

Does anyone know of any tips to optimize proc GINSIDE? It just seems like it is using a fair amount of I/O time. I didn't see an documentation on this in particular, but is there any particular index that you could put on either the input table or the map table that would speed up the process? I am mapping points into 2000 block groups, and it seems to be faster if I split up the map datasets into states. I could go further and do counties but that would be a lot of tables. Does anyone else have any similar tests or know of any techniques with this proc?

Thanks--

5 REPLIES 5
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm running into the same issue if anyone has any ideas.  I know this is an old post but I have over 600 million rows of census block data.

ballardw
Super User

Is your data 600 million records or the block level map boundary data file?

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ballardw,

It's the block level map boundary data file.  My address file has a little more then 13,000.

Thank you

RealePrimavera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @jerry898969 , 

did you get any solution for proc ginside space?

Sorry it's a bit old discussion but I am now running through the same problem.

Already tried some way around but not helpful. 

Thank you.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9
HI @RealePrimavera,

We ended up moving everything to Linux and running it from there. It did speed it up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation