Problems with proc reg and Java

Occasional Contributor

Problems with proc reg and Java

Hi all,

I am using a Windows 7, in a 64-bit operating system, with Java 7. I am running SAS 9.3.

As of late i am having problems when running a regression using proc reg, and asking SAS to create a new file containing containing information like the residuals.

I am attaching the log output when i run a regression as well.

I should also say that SAS is able to run the regression and produce output, which i can see on the output log. It is just unable to create the file i am asking it to.

Note that i have checked in  C:\Users\besca\AppData\Local\Temp\SAS Temporary

Files\_TD4124_WBS005800_\_AD54FC6F2104E27AB8024CA8E979D8F.bmp.

and the bmp file does not exist.

I was told that the version of SAS is only compatible with Java 6, which is of course obsolete.

Any ideas how to get around this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Costas

Attachment
Super Contributor

Re: Problems with proc reg and Java

This problem note looks like it might address this problem: 49552 - "ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" might be generat...

I used Google to search for: java error "Comparison method violates its general contract" site:support.sas.com

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this. Seems to be a bit of work here, so i opted for the quick fix suggested by Reeza.

But i fear that i may have to do this someday...

Super User

If you have install privileges it's painless to install a hotfix. If you don't and need to involve an IT dept Smiley Sad

Super User

If you don't want plots as a temporary workaround you can turn try turning ods graphics off.

ods graphics off;

Occasional Contributor

Yes, that worked well. Thanks!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation