BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fastb
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there any coding that can be written to print your SAS code to an RTF or PDF File?

I know you can do this with the log file, but when I submit code I need to have a file created that contains that code as it appeared in the editor (does not include the annotation that appears in the log).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

You can use PROC DOCUMENT's IMPORT TEXTFILE statement to import a text file into an ODS document. Then you can replay the document to any ODS destination, including RTF or PDF. This example imports the SAS program file "ppurl.sas" into the WORK.TEMP document and then replays WORK.TEMP to the HTML file test.html:

ods html file="test.html";
proc document name=temp(write);
   import textfile="ppurl.sas" to ^;
   replay;
run;
ods html close;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

You can use PROC DOCUMENT's IMPORT TEXTFILE statement to import a text file into an ODS document. Then you can replay the document to any ODS destination, including RTF or PDF. This example imports the SAS program file "ppurl.sas" into the WORK.TEMP document and then replays WORK.TEMP to the HTML file test.html:

ods html file="test.html";
proc document name=temp(write);
   import textfile="ppurl.sas" to ^;
   replay;
run;
ods html close;
fastb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Tim; that works perfect!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation