BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gagagu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have a dataset which i need to run a clustering algorithm on. First step is to reduce the dataset's dimensions as it has 10400 variables. I use PROC PRINCOMP but the resulting files are so huge they wont open in SAS Results Viewer

Does anyone have a suggestion on how i can access the eigenvalues/eigenvectors tables resulting from the PRINCOMP procedure.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

Not sure if I understood your question properly, but if you are simply looking for a way to check where the result data is use "ods trace on" to find out the name (SAS(R) 9.2 Output Delivery System: User's Guide) and "ods output" to get the data.

gagagu
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. Sorry my question wasnt very clear. I think due to the size of the result data, SAS output just fails to open the results which are over 1GB is size.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Try:

ods listing close;

ods html close;

ods output eigenvalues=eigenvalues eigenvectors=eigenvectors;

proc princomp ....

run;

ods listing;

ods html;

You can dispense with the html stuff if you are doing this in batch.

Steve Denham

gagagu
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Steve,

This worked worked. Managed to read the eigenvectors/eigenvalues data from the temp library.

Much appreciated,

R

Ksharp
Super User

or try Cronbach's coefficient Alpha of proc corr , Check the example 5 in its documentation.

or try proc varclus

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Do you want to run clustering algorithm on original variables or on principal components?

gagagu
Calcite | Level 5

@ stat@sas ... i want to run clustering on principal components

Just want to say thanks to you all for your responses. I have managed to access the proc princomp results now.

Many thanks guys,

R

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation