BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ehsanmath
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to copy an indexed dataset from windows_64 enviorenment to Unix_64 enivirenment. The job I am using is as follows

-----------------------------------

libname libgust4 "D:\testproject\SAS Datasets4" compress = char;

libname libgust5 "D:\testproject\SAS Datasets5" compress = char outrep = ALPHA_TRU64;

proc datasets library=libgust4;

modify Test4;

index create customerid;

run;

proc copy in=libgust4 out=libgust5 noclone memtype=data;

run;

-------------------------------------------

But it gives me the following warrning

------------------------------------------------

WARNING: Indexes for LIBGUST5.TEST4.DATA cannot be created.

WARNING: LIBGUST5.TEST4.DATA cannot be updated because its encoding does not match the

session encoding or the file is in a format native to another host.

----------------------------------------------------------

SAS documentation says that its because of the reasion that sas CEDA processing has limitations and indexes are not preserved when you copy dataset between two different enviorenments.

My Question is:

Can I preserve Indexes while moving between two different enviorenments as above ? Is there any solutions to this problem ??

2 REPLIES 2
ehsanmath
Obsidian | Level 7

i think I found the answer which is:

use cport and then cimport

or SAS/Connect

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There a some good notes about native and foreign format of SAS tables/datasets.

Moving and Accessing SAS(R) 9.4 Files  (Creating or Changing a SAS File's Format)

As the sorting order is possible dependent on the NLS coding and the local machine there is an issue to able to definen that on an other machine. Looking at the documentation of transfering data all options have advantages and disadvantages. cport cimport can possible regress to V6 naming convetnions. SAS/connect is requiring more technical skills te let it work well.

The proc upload/download procedures are reacting as separated process not knowing by default the status. The move option is not available.
RLS (remote libraru Services) might offer a transparant processing by hiding the translation. You could be hit by some effects of the translation and automatic steps hidden in that.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation