Preparation for BASE SAS exam

Occasional Contributor

Preparation for BASE SAS exam

Hi Friends,

I need your help in preparing for the base sas exam. Any materials,.links, question papers would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,

S.S.Pradeep

Contributor

Re: Preparation for BASE SAS exam

Posted in reply to srisaipradeep

I have some materials, including question papers. You can use this link too.

http://web.utk.edu/sas/OnlineTutor/1.2/en/60476/index.htm

Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply and the link. Can you please send me the materials and questions papers to my email id  srinivas.pradeep@gmail.com.

thank you for the support,

Regards,

S.S.Pradeep

Occasional Contributor

Also, I would suggest paying special attention to the section of the exam that involves reading data from external sources (e.g. text files using the INPUT statement in a data step) where the data comes structured in different ways (e.g. different separators or several records in one line, etc.). In fact the exam has a few questions on this topic and they tend to be quite tricky.

Good luck!

Daniel

N/A

I recommend the SAS Cetification Prep Guide 3rd Edition. It costs a little over $100. I also had the opportunity to take all the recommended SAS courses leading up to the exam. I find the prep guide a very good reference book even for someone not interested in taking the exam. I passed the SAS Base 9 certification exam in May 2012. I also bought the SAS Certification Prep Guide for the Advanced Programming for SAS 9. I have completed it and am now reviewing everything and hope to take by advance exam within the next two months. One thing I have done to help me was to type out the code from the examples in the book into a word document as I was studying. Somehow having the code flow through my fingers helps me learn. Also, it gave me a more condensed set of notes to review after studying the large Prep Guide. The Prep Guides have questions after each chapter to help you test your knowledge. There are usually about 10 questions. The questions with answers are also in the appendex. If you are just getting started, I suggest you make out a schedule and determine to cover a couple of chapters a week. Also, schedule time at the end to review all that you learn.

Best regards,

Jim N.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for the valuable suggestion.Can you please send me  any  materials which can help me in clearing the exam. would be of great help. My email id is

srinivas.pradeep@gmail.com

Thank you for the tips sure will follow it.

Regards,

S.S.Pradeep

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Daniel for the useful tip.I will keep it in mind while working.

Thanks and Regards,

S.S.Pradeep

Occasional Contributor

To get the best in class training which would prepare you for SAS Certification exam in just 40 hrs of training. Mock test are also available.

Visit our website www.professionalsastutor.com or mail us at info@professionalsastutor.com

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation