Polls

Super Contributor

Polls

How do you let people know there is a new poll?       

PROC Star

Polls

Posted in reply to twocanbazza

Or, equally interesting, how does one create a poll.  When I went there, the system indicated that there weren't any polls yet.

Super Contributor

Polls

I have managed that, but it is in my location as there is still no forum for Admin (it is a admin poll)

http://communities.sas.com/polls/1004

PROC Star

Polls

I would think, then, that after one clicks on the action to create a poll, they just have to indicate that it goes to all communities.  However, I don't think it is turned on currently, at least for non-administrators.

Super User

Polls

On your poll page It shows a link to 'FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME' that I don't think should be there.

Super Contributor

Polls

Hmmm, interesting.... I had no option to do that so thinkit is a poll setting...  Funny though, can't get my profile to stayed logged in due to "Security and privacy" issues, yet some of my details are displayed.... not an issue for me if it is just my name...

Barry

Super Contributor

Polls

A bigger issue than just the polls I think as I notice my name is displayed on this whole thread rather than my nickname...

will have to look to see if I have changed something on my profile

Barry

PROC Star

Polls

When I go to your poll I see twocanbazza, not your name (in fact, I don't know what your name is).

PROC Star

Polls

The only 'names' I see, on the poll or any pages, are those who have linked me as a "friend".

SAS Employee

Polls

When you are logged in to communities.sas.com, you see your full name as it is entered in the SAS profile.   No one else sees your full name unless you have changed your profile settings; you do not see anyone else's full name unless they have changed their settings.  If you want to know how others see your personal information, follow these steps:

1. Log in
  2. Select Your Stuff --> Profile.
  3. Select Edit profile & privacy from the Actions box on the right.
  4. Select the Privacy Settings tab.
  5. Notice the Preview your profile box on the right.  You can see your profile information the way that others do.The information that displays in your profile reflects that information that displays on your posts, documents, polls, etc.

By default, we set the profile to the most restricted.  I did set a few values to Friends just to show the variety.  If you have friends, you may want to visit your profile and change some of the settings. 

Super User

Polls

Posted in reply to reneeharper

Well, I did this when not logged in so he's definitely not my friend and I'm not his at that point.

Pic is attached, I blocked out his name, but you should be able to see it if you do the same.

name_example.JPG

Super Contributor

Polls

Posted in reply to reneeharper

Please See Reeza's response, as I have not made them my friend and yet still sees my full name... Not an issue for me, however if this bit is not right what else can be seen.

Barry

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation