Platform Process Manager hangs on start up

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Platform Process Manager hangs on start up

Hi Folks,

We have encountered an issue lately where we are trying to log into Platform Process manager and enter the Uname and Pword the application just crashes once the logo appears. We are also unable to submit batches from SMC with similar issue - as soon as we select the frequency of the batch (in this case Run Once) and click OK, the SMC application crashes.

The only way to get rid of the crashed application is to kill javaw.exe from the task manager.

This has happened before and we restarted the sas server which solved the issue, however I work in a change managed environment and have to jump through loops to get the server rebooted.

Is there any steps I can try to solve this issue without rebooting the server?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Jamie

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-02-2012 06:46 PM
PROC Star

Re: Platform Process Manager hangs on start up

I've seen that sort of behaviour when the Platform license has expired.  A key thing to remember is that the new license needs to be placed in 2 locations.  There's more info in the following SAS usage note: http://support.sas.com/kb/24/352.html

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

This is not how the Platform Process manager should behave. Suggest you open a track with SAS Techsupport. Provide as much log and/or screen shots as you can so they can investigate the issue and come up with a solution.

Solution
‎10-02-2012 06:46 PM
PROC Star

I've seen that sort of behaviour when the Platform license has expired.  A key thing to remember is that the new license needs to be placed in 2 locations.  There's more info in the following SAS usage note: http://support.sas.com/kb/24/352.html

Contributor

Posted in reply to PaulHomes

Spot on Paul, the licence files had been applied but I think one of the services on your link hadn't been restarted.

Thanks v much

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation