BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ballardw
Super User

I have noticed that often one or two discussions will either never open for me or take what are excessive times to open. By excessive I mean more than 5 minutes. I am using IE 8 on Windows 7 if that would have any impact.

Sometimes killing the page and reopening will bring it up but not always.

8 REPLIES 8
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Thank you for letting us know.  I'll ask our system guys to look into performance.

If it happens again and you think about, please post the link and any other information that may help these guys track it down.

ballardw
Super User

Happened again at 5:30 MDT on April 11. It appears to happen when the topic selected is the top one in a discussion group and there is no response.

Lithium-Admin
Not applicable

This information was great.  Thank you .  I changed some settings yesterday that should help.  If you continue to see it, please let me know.

-Renee

ballardw
Super User

Actually happened trying to read this thread between 3:40 PM and 3:50 PM MDT Apr 13.

I made a new thread in this topic, title Dummy.

Then this thread opened in typical time frame.

So it looks like something related to top of the list is still interfering under some circumstances.

Message was edited by: Edward Ballard I was able to open my Dummy thread while it is top of the list after posting the above response.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

We are monitoring site performance and watching for all ways to improve the performance.  Information like that provided here is a big help.

ballardw
Super User

Seems to be getting worse for response times. Now it is happening when opening Communities from Places, such as https://communities.sas.com/community/support-communities/sas_macro_facility_data_step_and_sas_langu... at 10:55 MDT 3 May 2012.

It also took several tries to get this community (https://communities.sas.com/community/getting-started ) to respond to post this reply.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation