Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

Accepted Solution Solved
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 103
Accepted Solution

Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

Good morning SAS friends:

 

I was looking for examples to try programming this but i could not find any clue, here is the example:

 

DAM animal_birth_survival_rate W30D W90D
1 1 23 30
2 1 22 32
3 1 23 31
4 1 23 33
5 0 . .
6 1 24 33
7 1 25 32
8 1 . .
9 0 . .
10 0 . .
11 1 22 30
12 1 22 .
13 1 25 34
14 1 26 32
15 0 . .
16 1 23 32
17 1 25 32
18 1 . .
19 0 . .
20 0 . .

 

I have the complete growing information of 20  diferent animals born from 20 diferent DAMS (examples associated to animal breedeing modeling) so i need to obtain the survival RATES:

 

As we can see 70% of the newborns are alive and the rest 30% is death (due enviroment and genetic reasons) so on, each animal has a weight record the first 1 is WEIGHT AT 30 DAYS, and the second one is WEIGHT AT 90 DAYS, so we need to measute the survival rate at 30 days and survival rate at 90 days to obtaining a table like this:

 

DAM animal_birth_survival_rate W30D survival_rate_30_days W90D survival_rate_90_days total_survival_birht_90_days
1 1 23 1 30 1 1
2 1 22 1 32 1 1
3 1 23 1 31 1 1
4 1 23 1 33 1 1
5 0 . . . . 0
6 1 24 1 33 1 1
7 1 25 1 32 1 1
8 1 . 0 . . 0
9 0 . . . . 0
10 0 . . . . 0
11 1 22 1 30 1 1
12 1 22 1 . 0 0
13 1 25 1 34 1 1
14 1 26 1 32 1 1
15 0 . . . . 0
16 1 23 1 32 1 1
17 1 25 1 32 1 1
18 1 . 0 . . 0
19 0 . . . . 0
20 0 . . . . 0

 

To explain this: i will take the animal 1, 5, 8 and 12:

 

The Animal 1 survived at 30 days and 90 days, it is observed because he has the measurements at this ages:

The Animal 5 born death, so he has nos the other measurements, therefore in the respective column have to be filled with an "point" (".") like a lost observation.

The Animal 8 Born alive but he has not his respective measurement at 30 dyas, it is informing that the animal died in this time interval, thus hes survival rate will be 0.

and The animal 12 born alive, he survived to 30 days, with his respective measurement, but he didnt survive at 90 days, because he has not its measurement at this day. so his value to survive will be 0.

 

I would like to give the importance to the "lost observations", this because in this example we will not just find the survival rate at this ages, i woul like to find thetotal_survival_birht_90_days,

 

20 lambs born -> 70% alive and 30% death -> later on at 90 days we can find 11 lamb alive and 9 death little by little in their respective time intervals. we left 55% lambs alive and 45% lambs death from birth to 90 days.

 

Hoping to be helped

 

Kig regards


Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-20-2016 02:01 PM
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 103

Re: Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

The first time i applied i learn from you my friends

 

thanks a lot

 

data want;
set have;
BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = ANIMAL_BIRTH_SURVIVAL_RATE;

IF BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W30D > 0.1 then SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W30D = "." then SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 0;

IF SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1 and W90D > 0.1 then SURVIVAL_RATE_90_DAYS = 1;
else if SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1 and W90D = "." then SURVIVAL_RATE_90_DAYS = 0;

IF BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W90D > 0.1 then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 1;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W90D = "." then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 0;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 0 and W90D = "." then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 0;

RUN;

View solution in original post


All Replies
Grand Advisor
Posts: 17,308

Re: Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

Wouldn't this be proc lifetest?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 103

Re: Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

Reeza good afternoon:

I saw the programing of PROC lifetest and i coudl not complete it.

Could you help me to acomplish this Result please??

Thanks
Solution
‎04-20-2016 02:01 PM
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 103

Re: Percentage survive rates EXAMPLE

The first time i applied i learn from you my friends

 

thanks a lot

 

data want;
set have;
BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = ANIMAL_BIRTH_SURVIVAL_RATE;

IF BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W30D > 0.1 then SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W30D = "." then SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 0;

IF SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1 and W90D > 0.1 then SURVIVAL_RATE_90_DAYS = 1;
else if SURVIVAL_RATE_30_DAYS = 1 and W90D = "." then SURVIVAL_RATE_90_DAYS = 0;

IF BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W90D > 0.1 then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 1;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 1 and W90D = "." then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 0;
else if BIRHT_SURVIVAL_RATE = 0 and W90D = "." then TOTAL_SURVIVAL_0_90_DAYS = 0;

RUN;

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 305 views
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation