BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cath14
Calcite | Level 5

I want to specify a number of parameter restrictions in my quantile regression, like homogeneity and symmetry. I have tried the srestrict but it doesn't work. Anyone got any tips?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You might post the code you used for diagnosis. Several Procs restrict some options when others are specified and you may have run into one of those. We'd be completely guessing if that is the case.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

SRESTRICT is a statement in PROC SYSLIN, and it appears to require two model statements.  Does your code meet this restriction?  's suggestion to post code would be really helpful.

Steve Denham

cath14
Calcite | Level 5

First I do an AIDS-regression like this one:

proc syslin itsur data=Fish_aids;

model share_fish = price_fish_ind price_kod_ind lreal_exp;

srestrict Aids_rw_f.price_fish_ind + Aids_rw_f.price_kod_ind=0;

run;

My demand system consists only of two models, the other being model share_kod = price_kod_ind price_fish_ind lreal_exp;

I then want to do the AIDS-model for quantiles. My quantile regression is:

proc quantreg data=Fish_aids;

model share_fish =  price_fish_ind_rel price_kod_ind_rel lreal_exp

/quantile= 0.10 0.25 0.5 0.75 0.9

plot=quantplot;

run;

However, I do not know how to impose the parameter restrictions which are necessary for the AIDS-model to hold; symmetry, adding-up and homogeneity on my quantile regression.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I don't see a way to accomplish this in quantreg, and my digging into the documentation doesn't seem to point me in any direction that seems helpful.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation