Output display for large dataset with descriptive statistics help.

Occasional Contributor

Output display for large dataset with descriptive statistics help.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create an output display where I can have the observation, a cost, a code(already entered in as either a 1 or 2), mean, then percentiles from 50 to 100 by 10s. There are about 500 variables in my dataset but I am concerned with the cost and code of the observation. I was already able to calculate all these values but I cannot get them into a table the way I want. The table I want looks like what I have below:

ObsCostcodemean
60 70 8090100

If anyone has any advice on how I can create an output such as the one above, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Super User

Re: Output display for large dataset with descriptive statistics help.

Give an example, code is best, of how you calculated the values and we'll have a better idea of methods that might work.

Also, MEAN is the 50th PERCENTILE. Are you sure you need two columns for that.

Super User

What numbers will be used to generate the mean, 50th - 100th percentile? Are you looking to add summarized information to a table by observation or will the stats be summarized within cost and codes? You may also want a count, the 90th percentile of 5 numbers can be useless.

The 50th percentile is different from the mean ballardw (mean vs median) but I'm sure you know that.

Super User

Reeza you're right. And I didn't even have a Monday to blame on that one.

Contributor

I'm guessing that your dataset has all the descriptive statistics calculated and stored as variables and the issue is one of displaying them with a numeric value in the column header. I assume that obs is a variable in your dataset. If not, please drop the keyword "noobs" from the PROC PRINT statement and the variable "obs" from the VAR statement: (untested)

proc print data=dataset noobs label;

var

obs cost code mean p50 p60 p70 p80 p90 p100;

label

p50 = "50"

p60 = "60"

p70 = "70"

p80 = "80'

p90 = "90"

p100 = "100";

run;

Ask a Question