BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aditi24
Obsidian | Level 7

I am getting oracle error while trying to establish a connection to my oracle database. I have installed Oracle client 32 & 64 bit version on my system and tried resolution methods available on SAS support but no good.Please find the attached image and help me with the resolution. Thanks.

oracle_error.png
2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Very hard to tell from this, but it seems that something is missing, or wrongly configured.

So I just can point to the install and post install configuration doc, be sure that you have done all the steps (both in SAS and Oracle client, environment variable settings etc).

Perhaps talk to SAS tech support if you don't manage to progress this on your own.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tested the Oracle client by itself? You should be able to go into the SQL Plus client and successfully run an SQL query. If you can't then the client isn't set up correctly. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation