BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I've asked this on sasprofessionals.net, thought I'd try here too:

SAS 9.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2, with EG 5.1 on a mixture of XP and W7 clients:

Within the server folder where WORK libraries are created, apart from the normal _TD* work folders and SAS_util* folders there are a considerable number of other folders being created. They seem to have little in common, apart from normally being empty and having names consisting of an apparently random combination of eight alphanumeric characters. See the circled folders in the clip below. Does anyone know what they are (and can they be safely deleted)? They appear to be associated with SAS user sessions.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Nigel

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Possibly your issue is related to this Tech Support note: 47314 - SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office 5.1 creates temporary directories inside the SAS® WORK libr... at any rate, I would recommend working with Tech Support on this question.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Cynthia

Thanks. We don't have the Office Add-In (only EG) but I have now found the equivalent note for EG 5.1. I'm sure I searched for notes on this a month or two ago.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be applying the hotfix any time soon - too many hoops to jump through for desktop software on our network - so I'll continue to use my handy little Powershell script to remove them instead (it's more efficient than the Disk Cleanup Handler for removing _TD* and SAS_util* directories too).

Nigel

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation