OS Platforms for SAS Management Console

SAS Employee

OS Platforms for SAS Management Console

SAS Management Console is currently supported on all operating systems that the Metadata Server supports, except for z/OS. Do you install SASMC where your metadata server is running, or do you install it on a Windows desktop and manage all metadata servers from a central location?

We are reviewing the need to support all platforms, as testing resources are required for each platform. There are no plans at this time to change this, but just looking at some options for the future. Thanks!
N/A

Re: OS Platforms for SAS Management Console

Posted in reply to Diane_SAS
i currently have it installed on each aix/unix server, as well as on the windows workstations. i found this to be incredibly helpful, especially in the beginning when we kept getting hit by firewalls, and were unable to connect to the server with sasmc from the desktop. having it on the server and running it under x-windows saved us a number of times. i highly recommend it. please keep supporting it across all the platforms.
Occasional Contributor

Re: OS Platforms for SAS Management Console

Posted in reply to Diane_SAS
We are finding increasing resistance to allowing X windows on Unix platforms so it is safer to have SASMC on Windows PC. Are there plans to enhance the browsing of the workspace server file system? Without that feature it is necessary to browse the server using a different interface to enter path locations in the SAS MC but that is not a large overhead.

As in my other post today, batch processing of SAS MC functions would be true platform independence.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation