Not able to Pass the SYSPARM inside the LOOP(executing in parallel mode)

New Contributor

Not able to Pass the SYSPARM inside the LOOP(executing in parallel mode)

In SAS DI ,Whenever I am trying to pass a system parameter value to the inner job inside loop , I am getting an error "ERROR: A parallel process did not start.  Exiting loop." , here i am executing the loop in parallel mode. Can anyone please help?

Error :

Line 230: ERROR: A parallel process did not start. Exiting loop. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_PROCESSESRUNNING resolves to 0 SYMBOLGEN: && resolves to &. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_CONTROLNAME resolves to L40_ SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable L40__MAX resolves to 3 SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_PROCESSESRUNNING resolves to 0 SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_MAXPROCESSES resolves to L40__max SYMBOLGEN: && resolves to &. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_CONTROLNAME resolves to L40_ SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable L40_ resolves to 3 SYMBOLGEN: && resolves to &. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_CONTROLNAME resolves to L40_ SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable L40__MAX resolves to 3 MLOGIC(ETLS_LOOPW12C5MYN): %DO %WHILE() condition is FALSE; loop will not iterate again. SYMBOLGEN: && resolves to &. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_CONTROLNAME resolves to L40_ SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable L40_ resolves to 3 SYMBOLGEN: && resolves to &. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_CONTROLNAME resolves to L40_ SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable L40__MAX resolves to 3 MLOGIC(ETLS_LOOPW12C5MYN): %DO %UNTIL() condition is TRUE; loop will not iterate again. MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Beginning execution. SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable ETLS_STATUSTABLE resolves to work.W51S2H6W MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter STATUSTABLE has value work.W51S2H6W MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter STATUSVARIABLE has value etls_status MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter RUNNINGSTATUSSETTING has value "Running" MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter HANDLEVARIABLE has value etls_handleName MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter COMPLETESTATUSSETTING has value "Finished" MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter ENDTIMEVARIABLE has value etls_endTime MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter STARTTIMEVARIABLE has value etls_startTime MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter WAITTYPE has value _ALL_ MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter SIGNOFF has value 1 MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter RETURNCODEVARIABLE has value etls_jobRC MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter STATUSUNKNOWNRETURNCODE has value . MLOGIC(ETLS_WAITFOR): Parameter RETURNCODEMACROVARIABLE has value

Valued Guide

Re: Not able to Pass the SYSPARM inside the LOOP(executing in parallel mode)

look as you settings to use parallel processing are not set correctly

SAS(R) Data Integration Studio 4.8: User's Guide (About Parallel Processing)

A more nasty one can be the MPConnect settings when that is used and not configured correctly.

Mp connect is part of SAS/connect   SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.4 User's Guide, Second Edition

The connectwait=no  is essential when running, but sometimes old coding is assuming the setting connectwait=yes at signon level.

With mpconnect there is no signon with user/pswd, it just need to start a sas session by running a OS script. SAS/CONNECT(R) 9.4 User's Guide, Second Edition

---->-- ja karman --<-----
New Contributor

Re: Not able to Pass the SYSPARM inside the LOOP(executing in parallel mode)

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy
No , I have set the parallel processing in LOOP and it is working for other parameters.

Anyways the issue is solved , I stored the parameter value as a variable in a temporary data set and then mapped the variable to a parameter to pass inside the loop and the problem got solved Smiley Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation