Non conformant variables

Accepted Solution Solved
Super User
Super User
Accepted Solution

Non conformant variables

Hi,

I have an interesting problem.  In some datasets I have received, there is a variable present CTS$REASON which does not conform to SAS standards for variable names.  I have no idea how they have managed to get this variable name there.  I can open the dataset in SAS Viewer but any operation I do in SAS fails as this variable is not valid.  Any thoughts on how to process this other than exporting as CSV from SAS viewer and importing again?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-06-2015 06:14 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: Non conformant variables

To add some further information it appears that I can use proc sql to select the other variables in the dataset and put them out to a new dataset, however its quite a pain as I want 59 of the 60 variables, and the tables with invalid variable don't show up in the metadata so cant generate the code Smiley Sad

Ok, have found the issue, its an option that EGuide has set which Base does not:

12607 - "ERROR: The value is not a valid SAS name" might appear when opening data sets with Base SAS...

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-06-2015 06:14 AM
Super User
Super User

Re: Non conformant variables

To add some further information it appears that I can use proc sql to select the other variables in the dataset and put them out to a new dataset, however its quite a pain as I want 59 of the 60 variables, and the tables with invalid variable don't show up in the metadata so cant generate the code Smiley Sad

Ok, have found the issue, its an option that EGuide has set which Base does not:

12607 - "ERROR: The value is not a valid SAS name" might appear when opening data sets with Base SAS...

Thanks

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation