BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Helannivas
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am trying to access Oracle database from SAS Server through ODBC Connectivity.

From Putty,I login to SAS Server and I created a ODBC Connection to connect to Oracle DB and I can able to view the tables.

But While registering the tables in SAS management console(after creating the library).I am getting the following error:

"No tables were retrieved from this query.Your connection information were incorrect"

When I opened the SAS log,

NOTE: SAS Initialization used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

NOTE: The autoexec file, /SASINST/ediserver/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/autoexec.sas, was executed at server initialization. No

server log was specified.  Add the log option to the server startup command to see details of the autoexec execution (refer

to "Specifying Logging Options" under "Server Startup Command" in the Server Administrator's Guide).

LIBNAME prodlib ODBC  DATASRC=PROD  SCHEMA=PROD_STG  USER=PROD_STG     PASSWORD=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;

NOTE: Libref PRODLIB was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        ODBC

Physical Name:PROD

Library is successfully assigned,I dont know why I am getting the error.

Kindly help me on this.Thnks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
karivann
Calcite | Level 5

I am also experiencing the same for Oracle.  This works for some oracle databases, but others are giving us the error.

karivann
Calcite | Level 5

We determined that reason for our error was because or DataDirect driver was not compatable with our Oracle version.  Once we upgraded Oracle to a newer version our issue was resolved.

Ksharp
Super User

Did you add  schema='DBO'  libname option ?

Xia Keshan

karivann
Calcite | Level 5

No.  The schema was not DBO.  We used the correct schema for our Database.  The issue was resolved once we upgraded oracle to a version compatable with our version of data direct.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation