BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
niuyuer
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to learn SAS, the goal is being able to build some business application.

I understand that it may not be an appropiate question for a SAS newbie, but I do know well in other languages (VBA, JAVA etc), and I have built some tools by using those language. So I am confident that I can achieve my goals.

Now SAS is widely used by some customers, and it is better for me to learn SAS. I would like to use SAS to build some application for customers to use, and customers do not need to know SAS. So the products should be easy to use, people just need to click some buttons. 

I do have SAS installed in my office computer, and I can self study programming. 

Could anyone give me some direction to get some learning materials (self studying on personal time)? Online video, pdf book, etc. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

You could search the forums here with "learn SAS". That will bring up answers to similar questions with links like http://www.sas.com/reg/web/corp/2246738 

niuyuer
Calcite | Level 5

I could. I could also go to google.com to search some information. But the results are more about using SAS for data analysis. 

I am looking for material specifically focusing on building business applications/tools. It sounds more related to IT field.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Sounds like you need to team up with a SAS Solution Architect or similar. He/she can transform your business application ideas to SAS technology. Then you can get the proper training and guidance for the construction.
Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User
I don't actually find this a good use for SAS. Using the right tool for the right job and all. Statistical Analysis Software - SAS is intended for Statistical Analysis and possibly data management. Any customers using SAS will need SAS installed and that's a pricey dependent.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation