BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Great work Lainie!  I look forward to participating.

Cheers,

MIchelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Reeza
Super User

I like the layout of the Tableau forum for posting a question. The title is at the top, question in the middle and the place to group the question into groups is at the bottom. A person categorizes the question after typing it out, which is a good logic flow. 

They also use Jive..

art297
Opal | Level 21

One additional thought: we should have a 'more' button on the 'unanswered questions' section

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Just so you all know I haven't forgotten you (I told you I would create a test area that those who were interested in restructuring the support community home page in some small ways). I actually created the test site for us to "play" but haven't invited those of you who were interested quite yet. Due to the nature of the site, it won't look exactly like the current support community -- but maybe it will be enough of a place to get some ideas going... Thanks for your patience! I plan to invite those who are interested in participating by early next week.

Some of the items to discuss:

- how to group/display the list of communities on the support home page

- different available "widgets" that might help you

- what you might like to see in the left nav or right nav

- or anything else you'd like to talk about

What would you think about the private group being something like ad advisory board for the online communities of sorts? We can work that out later. I'll talk with you all soon!

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for the status update. Looking forward to it. Great idea about having an advisory board too.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
art297
Opal | Level 21

I agree and am looking forward to seeing it and what you have in mind for an advisory board.  Change of topic: I will be starting a new business, hopefully a week from Monday, that I think/hope will benefit all of us who use SAS in our work.  Is there anyway I can announce it on the forum in such a way that it will be seen for at least a couple of weeks?  Send me a note and I'll provide more info regarding the effort.

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Hi SAS users, thank you for patience and understanding. I know I promised you a private test area. I got very busy on other initatives related to online communities and support.sas.com and was unable to create this community (will have to wait just a bit). I actually created a test area and realized that I could not adequately present you with "test" redesign in that private environment.

Until then, I would like to update the SAS Support community home page.  Is that where you typically start when interacting in the community ?

My main area of focus right now is on the list of support communities. I think Michelle had a great idea where I could create a few screen shots and add them to a poll. I just may do that. One idea I had was listing them Alphabetically ... another idea is to just add them to the right nav. Do any of you have an opinion about that?

logged in as Community Admin

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Lainie,

Thanks for the update and your investigations. I look forward to see the screen shots. As the poll area in the right nav is small and narrow in size, I'm not sure whether screen shots in the poll would work. If it does work then great! If the size is too small, perhaps have a discussion page with all the screenshots and then have a link to the poll from the discussion page. This will allow members to place their feedback and to link to the poll. In the poll, link to the discussion page so that people can see the screenshots, discussions and also add to it.

I'm not sure what you mean by list them alphabetically. Do you mean vote for A, B, C etc? if so, that would be ok.

Cheers,

Michelle

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Michelle, thank you! I have created the poll - a bit rough - but hope it helps: https://communities.sas.com/polls/1173

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 in conversation