Need help with SAS codes, please

Occasional Contributor

Need help with SAS codes, please

I am not experienced in SAS codes.  Any help that you could give would be much appreciated.  I want to use SAS to to a maximum likelihood estimation.  I have SAS codes that can do the estimation.  However, the problem is that I would like to do many runs of this estimation, with each run using a different set of initial values for the parameters.  I have about 100 sets of initial values that I would like to try,  But I don't know the SAS codes that can do this automatically.  My current codes can only do one run at a time.  I'd like to be able to do 100 runs in one go.  Is there a SAS code that will allow me to do this?  Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Need help with SAS codes, please

You should probably post the code you are using so we know what you are doing.

EJ

Super Contributor

Hi,

Usually to repeatedly execute code you could use a loop, whether data step or macro depends on the circumstance.

Perhaps if you share your code people might be able to advise you better.

Please see https://communities.sas.com/docs/DOC-2263

Regards,

Amir.

Respected Advisor

If you intend to use PROC NLIN then you could combine BY group processing and PARAMETERS / PDATA=myDataset initial values specification to iterate through your initial value sets.

PG

PG
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for all the replies.  The codes are in my computer at work.  I'll post them on Monday.  Thanks again.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation