BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reeza
Super User

When posting in the new forum I'm seeing my full name.

Do other see it or do they see my screen id and how can I tell.  I assume there's a setting somewhere to check this?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Logged out and it does appear as my profile/nick name, not my full name.

Interesting at least Smiley Happy

Pictures are not appearing properly however, ie IE7 or Firefox 3.6.6

reneeharper
SAS Employee

The name display took me a while to get used to as well. When you are logged in, you see your full name where everyone else sees your userID. There are two ways to verify this.

• The first, you have already discovered. Log out and take a look at your posts.
  • The second is to visit your profile and set privacy settings then use the tool on the right to check how others see your settings. By default, we set these to the most restrictive. Only your userID displays to other users of the site. In a few cases -- information that is not populated by default -- the setting is to allow friends to see that information. The idea behind this setting was just to show you the differences it you tested the privacy settings.

To view your profile,

1. Login and select your name from the top of the page or select Your Stuff --> Profile from the menu.
  2. Select Edit Profile and Privacy from the Action box on the right.
  3. Select the edit profile tab.
  4. Notice that the Action box now contains an option that enables you to see your profile as others do.

I hope this information is helpful. 

hrenee_sas
SAS Employee

I've never seen the picture problem before.  I'm testing this with my other account and a different picture upload.  I will continue to investigate this and report back later.

-Renee

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Reeza,

I see the pictures fine in Firefox 4 (at least the photos of each person).

Doc

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation