BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Karolus
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

I have the following issue:

I need to create a format catalog from a SAS dataset. I use the following (usual) code

PROC FORMAT CNTLIN=WORK.SOURCE_FORMATS LIBRARY=TARGET.FORMATS FMTLIB NOPRINT;

RUN;

And it does work, no problem there. However this PROC procedure also opens the output and result windows, aside of writing in the log of course, which in itself is no issue.

rogeragain.jpg - Google Drive

The problem comes when this program is run in batch mode, then this procedure causes SAS to create an .lst output file and we don't want that.

As you can see above, the PROC FORMAT procedure has the NOPRINT option, however, SAS seems to ignore this during batch mode, it keeps creating the .lst output file.

Any ideas on how to stop SAS of doing that?. The program above is quite simple, just takes a SAS dataset, creates the catalog, and that's the end of the program, there are no ODS calls in case you're thinking maybe is an ODS issue.

I run this in batch mode under SAS 9.3 (also tried under 9.2, same thing). Many thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Can't you just remove the FMTLIB option.  That is the option that is producing printed output.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The problem comes when this program is run in batch mode, then this procedure causes SAS to create an .lst output file and we don't want that.

As you can see above, the PROC FORMAT procedure has the NOPRINT option, however, SAS seems to ignore this during batch mode, it keeps creating the .lst output file.

Any ideas on how to stop SAS of doing that?.

ODS LISTING CLOSE;

--
Paige Miller
Karolus
Obsidian | Level 7

indeed, just deleting the FMTLIB solved the problem, how could I not see that!!!

thanks a lot to all for your feedback.

Regards,

Karl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation