Moved from SAS 6.1 Ent. guide to SAS 9.4 need help to access server

Occasional Contributor

Moved from SAS 6.1 Ent. guide to SAS 9.4 need help to access server

Hi,

I moved from Enterprise guide 6.1 to SAS 9.4. I need to do forecast but didn't even the appropriate licence to do so with 6.1 version.

I'm not able to setup the connection to the server as I do with 6.1.

I am connected to teradata by using this format:« LIBNAME XXX TERADATA DEFER=YES SPOOL=NO SCHEMA=XXX USER='MY_NAME' PASSWORD='YYY';»

I can do project, extract data from teradata on 6.1 version. except forecast.

I am trying to link my 9.4 version to our server and be able to extract data and run queries, but I am not able! I can see on the metadata our server, but can't add the libname and do anything,

Can soeone can help me do the connection properly?

thank you in advance!

Valued Guide

Re: Moved from SAS 6.1 Ent. guide to SAS 9.4 need help to access server

Eguide 6.1 is just a kind of terminal connection to a SAS base/foundation version like 9.4 using a metadaaserver.

Your question doesn't make sense that way.

The TD connection should work when that access interface is installed configured as needed and verified by the one that did the 9.4 installation.

Extracting data is getting it from Teradata  to SAS base data format. Doing ETS you can do forecasting analyses with that.

Yup you could define a libname in the SAS-metadata but what sense does that make?   
It is Nice for metadata documentation and doing some programming with DI. Do you want to do that kind of things?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Occasional Contributor

So what should I do to do my forecast, when I do It from 6,1 I have that error msg saying «

ERROR: The SAS/ETS product with which FORECAST (2) is associated is either not licensed for your system or the product license has

expired. Please contact your SAS installation representative.

ERROR: Bad product ID for procedure FORECAST.

according to SAS Admin the installation is well done, unfortunatly they can't help me to validate for the Forecast stuff...so I'm stuck.

and for 9.4, I have SAS/ASSIST workplace with different tools, Data Mgmt, Report Writing, planning tools...setup ect...

I tried to extract data from Data Mgmt but I'm not getting access.

Super User

Why don't you continue to use EG 6.1, because that can connect to both your remote SAS server AND it can connect to your new local SAS 9.4 (called local server in EG)?

To get your local SAS connected, just go into your EG Explorer, Select Servers and tick the box that says Add local Server.

I'm assuming you got local SAS 9.4 so you could do forecasting (SAS/ETS?). You should be able to use the forecasting tasks in EG by using your local SAS server.

Occasional Contributor

Actually, my SAS Admin, have just noticed that, there is an issue with my 6.1 version installed. He raised a ticket to try to resolve It, It keeps showing an error masg when try to do forecast locally...

thx for your help.

Now I do It from 9.4...It seems to work from there.

Occasional Contributor

my SAS Admin  just realized there is an issue withe 6.1 version installed on my machine...

that's why I was unable to work from 6.1.

I run It now from 9.4 by waiting the resolution.

Super User

To connect to a database, SAS makes use of a client of that database which must be installed and configured where the SAS process (not EG) resides. From my experience, setting this up is not trvivial and must be done for each SAS version installed on a given platform. If you moved from server-based SAS to local, you need to have the DB connecting client installed on your local machine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Valued Guide

As you are mentioning SAS/assist that one looks to be SAS/base on your desktop. Your should be able to connect EG 6.1 top you server and SAS/base on your desktop (local). Then download the necessary data form the Server to your desktop and use ETS in the local connection

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation