BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Renee,

Are you trending usage on the new site to compare to the old?  I know I am using it less; it is just too much hassle to re-read stuff I've already decided not to follow.  I wonder if it is just me being crotchety or a broader trend.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

8 REPLIES 8
reneeharper
SAS Employee

We are monitoring usage.  Some of our numbers aren't available for a few days because we turned off all extraneous scripts and such in the beginning.  I am monitoring now and will post back.

I would really like to understand better how you were using before and what you would like to be able to do now. That will help me get Jive to give us some setting options or customization direction.

SAS really appreciates all of the time that you put into helping others in the forums.  I hope you'll hang on for a bit longer while we work on balancing the new features of this release with the usage habits of our star participants.

-Renee

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hi Renee,

I don't know if Doc did things the same way I did, but I have the same issues.

OLD: Had a list of subscribed communities.  Log-in, go to them directly.  Unread posts would appear in bolded font, indicating that there were new threads or responses to threads that I could go to immediately. If everything in a community was read, or was not something I really needed, I would "Mark All as Read."

NEW; Log-in. Go to Places tab, go to Following flagpoint, start down the line, guessing whether I have read all of the posts in those threads I recall, and not being able to distinguish all new content.  When I finish with one community, I return to Places, go to the Following flagpoint, Repeat.  I cannot mark anything as read, so on my next visit, I have to go through a ton of material that I have already looked at.

Even 20 years ago in Usenet user-groups, there was the ability to mark a thread or a post as read.  For the life of me, I don't understand why Jive doesn't have this capability.

Thanks,

Steve Denham

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Steve pretty much nailed it.  I would look at

SAS DAta Step

SAS Stat Procedures

SAS Macro

EGuide

Deployment

Clinical Trials

New Users

and could look at them fairly rapidly, as I would only need to look at new content.

Now, since it is so time consuming to deal with the redundancy, I've reduced my views to EGuide, Stat, and Deployment.

Thanks,

Doc Muhlbaier

ballardw
Super User

Ditto what Doc says.

Plus the boxes that try to propogate as I am clicking on the community links aren't helpful to me.

And the links that don't open as in the performance theres.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Thanks guys.  Keep the comments coming. I have a meeting with the vendor tomorrow to help me get the best possible answers / fixes for these issues.  The more I know the better the answer will be.

You guys are the best!

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Talk to the about the ReadTracker, I would assume we are not using it and I believe this site is of sufficient size for it to work fine.  This would allow for automatically marking all messages older than a set date as read (default is 30 days) and also gives the users more finite control over what they have or haven't ready.  I'm not sure what this completely offers and if it really meets what is desired however.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Thanks for checking on it.  I do have read tracker turned on and the default is set to 30 days.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

In that case you should investigate ways to give users more control over the markread methods available through the ReadTracker modulo.  Possibly adding a markread call for marking all currently unread items by community in a link at each respective communities landing page in the Actions box.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation