BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bumchum
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Can someone share common macro use for generating reports monthly in banking.

4 REPLIES 4
Quentin
Super User
I think this question is too general. The macro language is used to generate SAS code. If you have code that generates a monthly report, and every month you need to change parts of it to reflect the current month, that might be a candidate for using the macro language to generate dynamic code.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

No one who works at any bank (except the bank you work for) is going to share his code with you, because it belongs to the bank! You just don't give proprietary code to competitors. Maybe you should ask people at your bank.

Furthermore, since every bank has different databases, even I would share my code with you, it would be totally meaningless as you have different databases.

Now, if you were to try and write a macro yourself and got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do, I'm sure that lots of people here in the SAS communities would be happy to help you.

--
Paige Miller
bumchum
Calcite | Level 5

I have interview tomarrow and they will test my macro skills. The role requirements are:

generating month, weekly, quaterly report, to monitor key risk factor.

the requirement is creating touch less capibilities.

I do know macro but didt use it much. USed SAS 2 years back and I do know we have one code already written and just copy paste. Now I dont have that code so asking what are the common scenario or most commonly used systax

ballardw
Super User

@bumchum wrote:

I have interview tomarrow and they will test my macro skills. The role requirements are:

generating month, weekly, quaterly report, to monitor key risk factor.

the requirement is creating touch less capibilities.

I do know macro but didt use it much. USed SAS 2 years back and I do know we have one code already written and just copy paste. Now I dont have that code so asking what are the common scenario or most commonly used systax

You probably should brush up on date manipulation and date formats as that requirement is going to involve a fair amount of date related activities.

And "touchless" could well mean something like "use todays date to create a report based on data from the previous Sunday to Saturday period" or similar for calendar month or quarter, or fiscal year. Depending on the report requirement might well be doable with a single or two parameters based on the date the program runs and could well be done with no "macro code" but call execute.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 in conversation