MDDS

Contributor

MDDS

In all databases (RDBMS, MDDS(multidimensional database)), there are tables with rows and columns...

Then how data is stored in Cubes for MDDS(multidimensional database)..   This I am very confused?

I can run a query against a table... but how can I run query against a cube? Can any expert help explain this...with some simple examples...

Frequent Contributor

Re: MDDS

you can't run a query against an OLAP cube, read this: OLAP cube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or if you are a nerd you can user MDX: MultiDimensional eXpressions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for reading SAS cubes just use Entreprise Guide Smiley Wink

Herman

Super User

Re: MDDS

For use of MDX in SAS, see SAS(R) 9.4 OLAP Server: MDX Guide, Second Edition.

If your cubes resides in an external data source, you need SAS/ACCESS to OLEDB to query that OLAP source usig MDX: SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.4 for Relational Databases: Reference, Third Edition

If you refer to SAS cubes, you can also put an Information Map on top of it. In turn, you can access this via the INFOMAP libname engine - which lets you query the information map using any programming component in SAS Language/Procedures. Base SAS(R) 9.4 Guide to Information Maps

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation