BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fin_Modeler6
Calcite | Level 5

I have a number of libraries, each with a large number of SAS tables registered. Most of my users are in one user group. From SAS Management Console, I right click on the library and go to properties, and click the authorization tab. Only SAS Administrators have anything except ReadMetadata and Read. The rest of my groups (including the group with most of my users) have, at most, Read and ReadMetadata for that library.  Why are all of my users able to open Enterprise Guide, navigate to this library, open a dataset, and freely modify values in the table?

Some other settings about my library:

It is assigned to SASApp (which is where the EG connects), as well as the Share Server (on the same machine as SASApp).

The library is set to be pre-assigned by the native library engine.

I am using Management Console 9.3 and Enterprise Guide 5.1.

My goal is to make everything in these libraries read-only to my EG users. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

1 REPLY 1
BrianDoesSas
Obsidian | Level 7

In your library definition, is it be pre-assigned?

If so, is it using the native engine, or the meta-engine?

Go to Properties -> Options tab -> Advanced Options

If you want the library to use metadata permissions, I believe you have to use the metadata library engine.

I'll have a look when I get access to an environment I can play with.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation