Library does not exist - Learning SAS by Example book

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Library does not exist - Learning SAS by Example book

As I write this I remind myself that everybody starts out as a noob...

I am just starting the Learning SAS by Example book.  In order to get the datasets used in the book I am instructed to run the Create_Datasets.sas file that I have downloaded to my computer.  The instructions indicate to change the generic path given by the author with the specific path I am using.  Having done this, my code includes:

7 libname learn "C:\Data\Nick\Professional\Professional Development\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders";

When I try and run, I get:

49 libname learn "C:\Data\Nick\Professional\Professional Development\SAS\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders";

NOTE: Library LEARN does not exist.

I know the path is correct because I cut it out of my Explorer window.

I am using SAS through an Oracle VritualBox VM.

I realize that I'm missing something pretty simple, but I can't fathom what it is.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎06-11-2014 04:45 PM
New Contributor

Re: Library does not exist - Learning SAS by Example book

How typical.  Found the answer ten seconds after posting.

A post in a different thread reminds that the VM is a UNIX base, not a windows base, and to use the UNIX folder scheme.  So I replaced the Windows path with /folders/myfolders/ and it worked like a champ.  (Windows users: note the forward slashes)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎06-11-2014 04:45 PM
New Contributor

Re: Library does not exist - Learning SAS by Example book

How typical.  Found the answer ten seconds after posting.

A post in a different thread reminds that the VM is a UNIX base, not a windows base, and to use the UNIX folder scheme.  So I replaced the Windows path with /folders/myfolders/ and it worked like a champ.  (Windows users: note the forward slashes)

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation