Is there any method to manually edit SAS graphs...

Occasional Contributor

Is there any method to manually edit SAS graphs...

Hi guyss...

I want to know if SAS graphs can be opened in edited mode.....just liek powerpoint graphs(we double click on it....a table opens....we edit the values...graph is updated automatically....)
Can we do same kind of thing using SAS.....I want to export the graph to Powerpoint only....

Please let me know if there is a way...It will be really helpful....

Super Contributor

Re: Is there any method to manually edit SAS graphs...

Posted in reply to anshulgoel

Hi.

I assume there is a SAS code that generated the graph in the first place, so...you should be able to update the data (in SAS) and re-run the code to get an updated graph.

To answer your question, SAS generated graphs cannot be edited in PPT.

Good luck!

Anca.

Super Contributor

There is an indirect way to add some editing functionalities to SAS graph but they don't provide the depth of the office suite.

In particular since you ought to use it in PPT, instead of using a generic output device for your graphs which are images like bitmaps, or jpeg or other formats, you can use the ActiveX device to export a MS-compliant "object" that was fully programmed by SAS developpers which adds some editing functionalities. The caveat is that it does not support all image-based graphic options and that it saves data points in the object making them retrieveable to the user. Hence, depending on what graph procedure you used to build the ActiveX graph, it is possible to see all the data points through the ActiveX object options which can compromise confidentiality of data in some cases (in particular when you use a graph procedure that aggregates data for you rather than just render points).

The object itself saves an internet link to SAS website to install the activeX local component necessary to render the object if your presentation is to be done on a computer that doesn't have SAS installed (so for examples managers would be prompted to download an activeX from SAS website). If you work on a closed network, you can obtain a copy of the install file and use other SAS options to change the path stored in the activeX object so that it promts the user to download/install from your closed network instead.

Look into SAS help for

goptions device=activex;

Vincent

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to Vince28_Statcan

Hi Vince,

Thanks fro your reply...I will check this option.....Yes, the one who will be including those graphs in his/her presentation, he/she won't have SAS installed in his system.....

Super Contributor

The other option might be to duplicate the graph in excel and just output the data behind the graph from sas to excel.

EJ

SAS Super FREQ

You can edit many features of the ODS statistical graphics by using the ODS Graphics Editor. See this article: Change a plot title by using the ODS Graphics Editor - The DO Loop

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation