BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
NewbieToSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone!

I was working on a school project of mine, where I have a variable recording the temperature, in Celcius. I was looking for an output format where I can add the " ℃ " symbol in front of every temperature value, just like we can do with the dollar sign.

I couldnt find anything on the Internet, either because I was using the wrong comnination of keywords, or it wasn't thereSmiley Frustrated.

Here is a picture of my data. Ignore the title, I now it says "Fahrenheit" there, but I was going to fix that later after getting the bulkwark of my project done Smiley Very Happy

RtZVU.png

Any advice on how to add the ℃ symbol would be greatly appreciated, thanks fr your time !!Smiley Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You can try a PICTURE format with or without a custom function.

This describes how to get the special symbols:

http://www.lexjansen.com/pharmasug/2010/CC/CC19.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

You can try a PICTURE format with or without a custom function.

This describes how to get the special symbols:

http://www.lexjansen.com/pharmasug/2010/CC/CC19.pdf

NewbieToSAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for the advice! It works now after I toyed with it a bit Smiley LOL

Reeza
Super User

If you could past the actual solution you came up with that would be great. And change the correct answer to that post as well 🙂 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation