Is there any Actuary in the house?

Occasional Contributor

Is there any Actuary in the house?

Dear all,

I have a background in statistics/biostatistics and am presently involve in the actuarial sciences. Is there any actuary that works with SAS in this forum?

Super User

Re: Is there any Actuary in the house?

I have to ask why?  A lot of questions overlap area's so if you explain your problems clearly you're likely to find answers regardless.

I know that SAS is definitely used within many financial and insurance agencies.

Occasional Contributor

I am working on a project and am looking for where to get data set on disability insurance. I mean real ( maybe old) data set in fitting a disability model.

The project involves building statistical model for disability insurance, but the problem is I don't have any real data set to use.

Please if you know of where I can get hold of one that would be helpful .

Thanks in advance.

Valued Guide

many actuaries use SAS as well as other modelling and analysis software.

What questions would you have for an actuary?

Super User

Actually , My major is about actuary . But I am not work for Insurance company ,although I am in Financial field .

Occasional Contributor

I am working on a project and am looking for where to get data set on disability insurance. I mean real ( maybe old) data set in fitting a disability model.

The project involves building statistical model for disability insurance, but the problem is I don't have any real data set to use.

Please if you know of where I can get hold of one that would be helpful .

Thanks in advance.

N/A

Actuary checking in, but SAS is just a programming language, unless you are doing GLMs or Insurance Specific analysis with the language, users from other industries should be able to help your question.

As for Disability insurance, does ISO or AMBEST have anything? You might want to try other forums for Industry data.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation