BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SasyJohn
Fluorite | Level 6

I've noticed several typos in the SAS Certification Prep Guide, and I wondered if they are recorded somewhere.

9 REPLIES 9
SasyJohn
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Reeza, that's what I wanted to know. . . .

Follow-up question.  Is there a website to post any new suggested "updates?"

RickPack
Fluorite | Level 6

I found a mistake in the Prep Guide in chapter 6. I am using an online SkillPort version so I lack page numbers.

Above Figure 6.2 in the data step creating work.test, there is a statement that begins with:

if type=unknown

and I believe it should be

if type='unknown'
Unito
Fluorite | Level 6

I also found some errors. I post them here for product improvement. My version of the book is september 2015
- Chapter 13 page 414 line "INPUT(source,format) " should be "INPUT(source, informat) "
- Chapter 13 page 412 "} ijnu8" should be deleted
- Chapter 2 page 54 "contents data=sasuser.admit varnum;" should be "proc datasets contents data=sasuser.admit varnum;"
- Chapter 2 page 60 In the code 3 prints are specified but 4 screenshots are printed. 1 is obsolete or an explanation why this screenshot is displayed is missing.

Can anyone confirm this thread is under the attention of the authors of the prep guide?
P.S. Would recommend this guide to everyone who wants to learn SAS!! Learned a lot!

Reeza
Super User

@ShelleySessoms Can confirm that SAS will review errors in the certification guide?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The errata sheet for each the Prep Guides can be found on this page: http://support.sas.com/publishing/cert/index.html

cynthia
If you have found errata that are not listed on the errata sheet then send your notes to saspress@sas.com and note the ISBN number and date of your copy of the Prep Guide. the most current versions are the 3rd Edition for the Base Programmer Guide and the 4th Edition for the Advanced Programmer Prep Guide.

cynthia
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi Reeza,

Yes, as @Cynthia_sas mentioned, SAS Press does routinely review errors. The links and emails she provided are perfect.

Thanks,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Unito
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your advice ! I got a confirmation from them today that they will change this in their errata.

Unito
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually they should also update the guide to line up with SAS 9.4. For instance the yearcutoff option changed to 1926. In the guide they still talk about 1920. And maybe other things i am not aware of

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 6 in conversation