BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bendejong
Calcite | Level 5

We collect data from the organisation with Sharepoint Lists. Now we are reporting in Excel and there is Excel a connection to the Sharepoint server. I want to use the Sharepoint data in SAS and want to read it with SAS/EG.

Does anybody know a (easy) way to build this?

6 REPLIES 6
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Nothing documented for accessing SharePoint.

But excel does. Than if that is an odbc  connection you could do that in the same way.

The mail-outlook list is also accessible in that approach. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Reeza
Super User

In SharePoint you can export a List to Excel, which becomes a live link, if you tell it to update appropriately.

We then set up SAS to read this excel spreadsheet.

A bit roundabout but works fine.

bendejong
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Your suggestion is coming close to the solution I am using now. I have made a connection with an Access database. In Acces you can import a Lists directly. When the lists are updatet in Sharepoint I don't need to open the database first, but I can collect the updatet data via my SAS/EG project.

This is not what I wanted, because I want to collect the data direct with SAS/EG from the Sharepoint List. It is now an extra step.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I did some googling on "odbc connection sharepoint list", found a lot like:

Add a database as a data source - SharePoint Designer (data from SQL to sharepoint,  Microsoft)

SharePoint List Connection Type (SSRS) (data from sharepoint to SQL, Microsoft)

SharePoint connection strings - ConnectionStrings.com (connectionstrings)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
fkrimmelbein
Fluorite | Level 6

Awesome, thanks that does help

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation